To make the most of the OneSearch features, sign in to your account. All current students, staff, and faculty will have an active account. Signing in to OneSearch allows you to:
***Some items like technology have other return, renewal, and/or exchange polices. Contact the library directly or visit our web page for the latest information on technology checked out to you.
1. On the OneSearch page, click on "Sign In" at the top right of the page.
2. If you are given a dialog box, click on the "OneSearch Login" link.
3. The next screen is the SCCCD log in screen; enter your ID number and Canvas password to continue.
4. You are now logged in and will be directed back to the OneSearch page, and your name should appear at the top. Click on your name and you will have a menu of library account-related tasks:
Current students, staff, and faculty can use Library To Go to request books, CD audiobooks, and DVDs from the library’s general collection.
Sign in to the CCC OneSearch Catalog to find and request the items you wish to check out. Please include your preferred phone number in the request comments. Then a library staff member will pull the items and you will receive an email and/or phone call when your items are ready to pick up at the library. Items can be picked up during open library hours.
Items are checked out to you for 3 weeks and can be renewed twice, if there are no active requests for the same item.
Note that this service is for general collection items and does not apply to reserve textbooks and anatomy models.
1. Go to the OneSearch page and log in to your account.
2. Enter your search terms in the search box to locate an item you would like to request, making sure to search the CCC catalog or SCCCD catalog.
3. Once you have located the item in your search results, click on the item to access its record.
4. Find the "Request" link for that item. Note: the "Request" link will only appear on items that are available for requests.
5. A box with options appears to finish your request; here you will chose the SCCCD library where you would like to pick up the item (required to proceed with the request). It is recommended that you add a phone number to the comments area of the request.
6. Click on "Send Request" to submit your item request.
7. Regularly check your requests area on your account page for updates on the status of your request. You will also receive and email, and phone if provided, when your item is ready for pickup.
1) OneSearch won't search all of the library's research databases. In-depth research on a topic may still require searching individual databases on our CCC database page.
2) In terms of books, if you can't find what you need in any SCCCD library, you can fill out an Interlibrary Loan Request to get a title not owned by our system's libraries.
3) Ask a librarian for help; you can drop in, call, email, chat online, or Zoom with a librarian! Check out your research help options on the library page.